American Dissent

American Dissent is about the Ideals America stands for. "Truth, Justice and The American Way" as Superman would put it. It will also be about other random things that come up and how they relate. It will also include the occasional "puff piece" like movie reviews or good meals because those too are part of America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Proud to be Liberal. Question everything.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Religious Warfare

Here's a very simple thought for the day. I absolutely do not want religion taught in schools. History of them? Fine, maybe, but anything that promotes one versus another, or anything of the sort, no. I have a very simple reason for this.

As a recovering Catholic, my religion is personal. I don't buy into what the pope says, I think he's wrong a lot of the time, but I had some respect for John-Paul because he did work to bring attention to some major problems. I also had some problems with him because he brought attention to some other problems on what I consider to be the wrong side, but that is a different point.

What I do not want is anyone foisting their pile of crap on me. When I see commercials for the Sunday morning religious broadcasts and they start touting "the unchanging word of God" I know that they are utterly insane and want nothing more than to manipulate everyone around them into kissing their ass like Jim Jones or David Koresh. I have news for you, people who think the word of God in unchanging, it's called The New Testament. If you choose to take this literally, the very name of it means, the word has changed.

I don't want you wackos screwing around with my kids heads. I don't want that anymore than I want to see it from Hassidics, or Wahabists, or anyone else. You wackos teach your kids about a God who hates anyone who doesn't kiss the ass of the guy in the pulpi and so do the rest of them. Guys like Al-Zarqawi and Bin Ladin are not well formed people, they're religious nut jobs in the same vein as Koresh. Rather than take any chance at all on that getting near my kids, I want it all, 100% out of schools.

I especially want it out of science classrooms where what keeps getting tossed up by the religinuts (Creation Science and ID) bears about as much resemblance to science as a monkey banana-fucking a horse does. Get your God the hell out of my school and I'll keep my God out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home